Monday, September 10, 2007

Favorite Podcasts

I traveled across 3 states three times this summer with my children. My company: my iPod! I discovered several podcasts and a couple (actually 3 to stay with the theme) of them I really have to mention because I LOVE them.

Creative Mom Podcast
: Amy does a great job covering all types of art, creativity, parenthood, etc. I look forward to this every week and I love all of the creative promts and book suggestions. I have also participated in a Artist Trading Card exchange hosted by this group. I have to say I have also listened to almost all of the archive episodes.

CraftSanity: Another great podcast. Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood does an interview show. She interviews current creative minds...many of them fellow bloggers. It seams like every time I discover a new creative person that I enjoy they appear on her show.

Writers on Writing
: Barbara DeMarco-Barrett interviews writers, editors, publicists and agents. LOVE IT! Again, I have listened to a lot of the archive episodes, but there are sooooooo many....I think over 300. Anyway, I have plenty to keep me busy and I have learned so much about the writing industry. We will see if it helps :)! I have also discovered some of the best books that I would not necessarily pick off the shelf without hearing the author discuss it on this show. I can also recommend, if you are interested in writing, Barbara's book, Pen on Fire.

These are just a few of the ones I listend to...all great and all pretty popular! Let me know if there is a Podcast you can't miss.

1 comment:

Creative Life Studio said...

I listen to the top two you listed; I'm a religious CMP listener! :)

I also like a bunch of knitting ones: Knit Picks podcast, Yarn Thing, Cast-on, She-Knits, Stash and Burn and a few more now and then.

I have Christian ones and Homeschooling ones too.

Oh, and then there are my "green" podcasts: America the Green, Sierra Club Radio, Treehugger and Grist.

That makes for plenty of independent broadcast listening!! I am SO hooked! :)