Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Beginnings

Baby Alpaca's First Milk -- We got to witness this little miracle on our annual trip to Victory Ranch in Mora, NM this past June.

I am here......barely, but here.  I am anxiously anticipating fall.  So many new paths intersecting here with me and my family.  

Today, the older of the "little guys" had his first swimming lesson.  It was so precious.  He was so excited.....his biggest accomplishment you might ask?....splashing his teacher, Mr. Hong.  Eventually, I will have to break his little heart and tell him that they don't promote you for splashing.  

I had a full day working on some possible grants and making new contacts for my little business.  It is so exciting, but a little overwhelming.  When I woke up this morning, I questioned if I would have enough time and energy to pull through.  I am thrilled to say, "I did it."  

Lately, I have had some discord among some family members who seem to think I am crazy to think that I can have it all, work and serve my community while still raising my children one dirty diaper at a time.  I am here to say, I can do it and I am doing.....oh yeah, I will continue to do it.  

One more first.....between the Olympics and the Political Conventions I am about to finish my FIRST sweater.  So exciting!

 


1 comment:

AngelVoice said...

I would love to hear more about this business venture you are ever so secretly discussing!