Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Hard to Believe


Last night I went to my oldest son's first school Open House. The whole family attended.....mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, and even little brother. We walked in to a lot of overwhelmed three year olds, but my son held his head high and took us to the "pool," an area where he had been telling me he napped. When I looked around, I realized why he was drawn to this spot.....it was the reading area. He has always loved books.

Next, we did a scavenger hunt that led us through all of the things he has been learning. I was very impressed. He showed me the life cycle of a catepillar, some yoga poses, sign language, and how he could find specific letters and count. I was most impressed when he took me over to a book and read it to me...with a little help. I almost cried. The idea that he can read at all and some day will be able to enjoy the written word as much as I do. It was amazing.

No comments: