Monday, November 23, 2009

A Little Holiday "Fist Bump"

I know that the holidays will be difficult this year without my mom, but with so much to be thankful for, it is sure to be a great season in spite of all of life's challenges. Yesterday, as I sat in church, I was thinking about some of the stresses of the holidays, when I began to listen to the sermon about being thankful. It was in that moment that I realized that God had prepared me for this very holiday season over the last few years with a couple of "little fist bumps."

It was Thanksgiving Day, 2004 when we found out we were expecting our first baby. This is a picture of me and JDC a little excited and very "freaked out." We had tried to have a baby for more than 9 months, I am not sure why we were surprised but we were!!!!Just a few months later we also invited our second baby into our home. I don't have pictures of finding out that piece of golden news, but I guarentee you surprised does not fully express the emotions we felt. Baby two was due on December 23, 2006. Sixteen months after we had son number 1 we had son number 2, two weeks early, December 14, 2006.

This is our family on Christmas Eve with our 16 month old and our two week old. With memories like this, the holidays will always be sacred time for me and my family!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: