Monday, November 30, 2009

Pictures of Me

I have a HUGE phobia of pictures of myself. This might seem a little crazy with all of the pictures I take, but I think it is probably the reason I always find myself behind the camera. I have noticed the increasing lack of photos of myself since I had the babies. I have always been a little shy with pictures, but now I all out hide.

This camera fear might have something to do with the dream of that first picture holding my baby.....it was crushed when I went through three rounds of epidural and gallons of saline to have my first child at 9 pounds 10 ounces. The picture......well, there was not enough room in the room to back up enough to capture my entire face. It was the size of a city block. I nearly died when I saw it for the first time.

This "little issue" came up again when I received a phone call from my mother in law asking for me to send her a picture of myself. In all the pictures taken at the hubby's grandmother's 80th birthday, there was not one of me. I pretended to be surprised, but I am certain there were at least three or four. Where are they now? Deleted.....Bad Hair Day!

So, here is my attempt to break my fear of photos. I will post pictures of me right here on this blog every Monday. Not to be vain, but in attempt to get over this crazy issue with looking at myself. Why? Because I don't want to look back and miss pictures like this with me and my children. Plus, when I look at pictures of myself more than a year old, I usually think they are pretty good.




Challenge to my readers: If you have or take a picture of me, send it this way and I will be sure to post it.

Blessings!!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great post. I'm the same way, avoiding being in the picture or deleting bad pics later. I've sent you one of my favorite pics of you from 2004.

mlc said...

Between this post and mine on Aleida's Challenge, I definitely think we are going to have to stop staying behind the lens! =) I'm glad you liked my post on my mom. I've read your post on your mom's 58th birthday over and over. I love learning about your mom through you and I know that your boys will too! Love you!