Wednesday, February 6, 2008

25+ Years of Knitting

I knit every Wednesday with a group from my church. We work on stocking the church with Prayer Shawls for those in need of some extra care. We also make hats, slippers, scarves, and hand warmers for the homebound.
One lady, new to the group but not new to knitting, is working on an awesome Prayer Shawl. She is using scrap yarn from the past 20/25 years. As she goes along, she tells us that she made a baby blanket with this and a hat with that. It is so interesting and a great piece. When she began, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it has turned out BEAUTIFUL. I don't know how she will ever give it away....but, that is why I love this group...they teach me to be more loving and giving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like what you wrote / shared about the knitting group of ladies at your church! What a great idea! My mom-in-law was part of a group of ladies who knitted / crocheted together for others! She grew up in England! How loving it is to do such good hand-work for the benefit of others! I sew. And do calligraphy. And bake. And draw.
God blesses each of us in our work! He is so patient, merciful and good to us all! The Lord bless you in all you do, in Love, for His glory!