Friday, February 8, 2008

Project A Day


I have read several different blogs that post about a creative project they (I assume) complete everyday.  So, when I decided (yesterday) that I wanted to make an apron to accompany a birthday gift for one of the older one's friends birthday...I thought this was very manageable.  WRONG.  I am not the best seamstress, but I really do aspire to be one of these days.  For some reason I have not picked it up quite as easily as I have knitting.

At breakfast I dug out a pattern I had stashed away and some fabric I thought would be fitting.  I let my little guy pick out which apron I would make and then we headed off to the gym.  When we returned...lunch, put the boys down, set up a mock sewing room in the middle of my kitchen, and I got started.  All went well until the boys woke up early due to messy pants.  

I worked and messed up and worked and messed up, until the cute full apron became a half; I called it good.  Now, it is 5:00 pm and I am off to the store to get food to make dinner for my BIL and SIL tonight.

All in a day's work!

I will post a picture as soon as I get my computer to download.

No comments: