Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Very Needed Kniting Retreat


I was in serious need of a weekend for ME. My husband and I have been talking about this for quite some time, but I had no idea how to spend my free time. I love to read and blog and knit….but, I really needed to get out and spend time with people outside of my immediate family. So, when the local yarn store announced its Super Saturday, I knew where I was going to be….me and all of my knitty friends. It was awesome. Although, I have to say, knitting for 13 hours did start to feel like work at about 9 hours. But I did not give in, I did not go home, I persevered and I am all the better for it.

Two years ago I would have read this post and rolled my eyes…how pathetic. But, I have spent two and a half years (really three and a half) consumed in family, children, pregnancy, and just a general domestic haze. I find myself going home to catch some uninterrupted sleep if I have even a free half hour. So, this day of knitting was a big change from my norm.

We started the day at my favorite coffee shop, Red Cup and then headed over to Sealed With A Kiss at 10 am sharp…to assure that we would get comfy seats. We spent the day milling around the candy…I mean yarn shop, meeting other knitters, chatting with friends, watching the spinner, getting to know Amy from Madelinetosh Yarn, and knitting, of course. There was plenty of coffee, food, and wine for all. And, best of all, Doris taught me how to do Magic Loop.

All and all a pretty perfect day. I think this is just what I needed to energize some new blog entries. One of the true highlights of the day was when I told a women I met that I blog and she asked what my blog was called. When I told her, Read this and tell me what it says, she said, “Oh, I have heard of that.”

1 comment:

GracefulMommy said...

Sounds fun! I want to learn to knit!