Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I *Heart* Art

This week is the annual Festival of the Arts here in Oklahoma City. It feels like heaven on earth to me. I love to check out all of the art, sample the food, and just hang out and people watch. Yesterday I took the boys and we spent 3 hours milling around. I made them try an indian taco (the little guy loved it, the older one....not so much). Then we hit the creation station and the kids art tent.
We walked away with balloons, masks, spirit sticks, and mosaics made by each of the boys.

Today I hit the festival again with a friend. I had to try the fish taco's and look at the booths without the fear that my little tornado's would rip through a canvas. I give the fish taco an A+++ and I found a couple of pieces that I really wanted, but since we are in the process of buying a house, I held back.

Yes, you read that right.....we are moving. Not far, just a few blocks actually, but it is still an adjustment. We currently live in our first house where we brought both of our children home from the hospital. Did I mention that our neighbors are more like family than neighbors. That will be hard to replace.

I love this house....I always have. But, we need more room and I really want my children to experience public school and we are not in the greatest district. So......we are moving. We still need to sell our current home, but that will happen. At least that is what I tell myself so I can sleep at night :).

Yesterday I was catching up with Amy from the Creative Mom Podcast. She was talking about the school her boys attend. It focuses a lot on integrating art into the curriculum. I have heard only good things about our new school and most of all about its focus on art. This got me so excited....then, I think it was fate. The new school was hosting the fish taco booth at the Art's Festival. It was meant to be. Random....I know, but life has been crazy and my mind is spinning. I thought that you might want to experience some of this insanity.

1 comment:

AngelVoice said...

WOW!!! A lot has happened! :) I didn't know you were moving. That's exciting! Congrats.