Wednesday, April 2, 2008

ReArt -- One Person's Trash Is Another's Treasure

A new guilty pleasure. I was recently introduced to one of the greatest creative centers in Oklahoma. Rink Gallery is a Vintage/Antique Mall, Art Gallery, and Creative Resource center all in one. Last Sunday I meandered my way through the over 100 booths. I met some artists and got a ton of ideas for my creative ventures. I went in with the idea to browse and not buy anything and left with a cart of fun vintage items. I also had a lot of fun taking pictures of the vintage treasures.

While I was hanging out at the "Rink", I met Stephanie with Reuse Oklahoma. She told me about the great craft nights and the swap-o-rama-rama. The Craft Squad meets every Thursday and exchanges supplies as well as ideas. Reuse Oklahoma collects donated art and craft supplies, donates them to the artists who use them, and the items are sold to support the endeavor. Needless to say, this is the greatest place. I am hooked. Here are a few of my favorites.

Mixed Breed



Fuglies

2 comments:

GracefulMommy said...

Let's go back on Tuesday...Although I really want to go tonight! But, oh, if we spend one more day together, "people will say we're in love!" HA!

AJ Bindel said...

I've been reading a lot about this place, but wasn't really sure what it was. Now I want to go! Are you planning on going on a Thursday night?