Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WIP Wednesday

Things are finally getting back to normal after the holidays. School has not yet begun. But, otherwise we are back on track. This morning I tried to make some homemade play dough for the older one. (Have I mentioned I am NOT a baker?) I had all of the ingredients except for the cream of tarter. (How important can this little teaspoon be?) Apparently, very important. It was all sticky and gooey…..luckily I had some store bought play-doh to substitute. Adam had a great time and I was sure to buy some cream of tarter at the store.


Tonight, Wednesday night, is my favorite evening of the week. It is knitting night. I have one group at the church at 6pm and then I go straight to Sauced for Stitch ‘n Bitch. Hopefully all of the regulars will be there tonight…..Erin, Amy, Susan, Doris, Courtney…..and maybe some new faces.

WIP Wednesday:
Today I am working on three knitting projects.

The first is a simple scarf for my MIL’s birthday next week. She is a big Oklahoma State fan, so I am doing it in Cowboy orange.

I am still working on the scarf for my sister’s boyfriend. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…….I am really pleased with how it is turning out, but I really do not like knitting with this cheap yarn.

Finally, I started this scarf for myself…..hoping to get it finished by New Year’s. Obviously, that did not happen. I found this yarn at Windsor-Button in Boston….I really like it.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Love today's blog and I am touched that you thought to include me.D

Amy said...

Ok I love the fact that the sisters BF looks like he was having loads of fun with your family. He really looks please to be getting your handmade gift!
Good luck getting your scarf done before the cold weather leaves!
When baking/cooking when you are not comfortable with it??? My one bit of advice to you is always always always follow a recipe. When baking especially it is actually a science and there are definite reasons for the measurements...when cooking it is a bit different...until you are comfortable with it you should stick to a recipe, but once your comfortable you can play around...cooking and baking are most definitly different things. I love to cook but it took me years to learn what I know and I am know I have years of learning to go...